Do you need a custom animated infographic explanation video? Here’s a set of questions that I generally ask in order to better understand your needs. There’s also a rough pricing guide that may help provide an idea of starting budgets for videos of varying length. Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you.
Here’s a few standard questions that I generally ask to learn more about a client’s needs.
- What is the topic of the video? The more specific and concise the better.
- Who is the target audience?
- What is the key message/take-away?
- Are there any calls-to-action for the viewer?
- Is there available video footage, photos, screen captures or images that can be used?
- Is there a script already written?
- Are there any applicable resource materials (sales collateral, illustrations, diagrams, schematics, etc.)?
- Are there examples of video explanations similar in message or look and feel to what is desired?
- Is there a visual theme or style that is desired?
- What mood is intended to be conveyed?
- What brand assets are available (logo, corporate color scheme, graphics and images used in branding)
- Is narration desired or needed?
- Is background music desired?
The cost for developing and producing animated video explanations varies depending on several factors, including the duration, topic, script, availability of graphics and the style of the video, but the rough cost estimates in the table below may be helpful in planning your budget for your custom video explanation.
|Duration||Budget Level -
(See examples below)
|Standard Level -
(See examples below)
Determining an Approximate Duration for Your Video
There’s a direct correlation between number of words in a script and the probable duration of the video. Most people tend to underestimate how long their video will be. Use the word count tool in your word processor to determine the number of words in your script and compare that to the numbers below to see a likely duration for your video.
~ 75 words = ~ 30 second video
~150 words = ~ 1 minute video
~225 words = ~ 90 second video
~300 words = ~ 2 minutes video
Examples of Standard Level Videos
Custom graphics & illustrations, more sophisticated transitions, abundant animations and movement.
Examples of Budget Level Videos
Animated text, simple graphics with basic animations, simple transitions.