If you’re on Maui later this month and you’d like to get into blogging, social media consultant Peter Liu and I will be leading a Blogging Boot Camp workshop on Saturday, September 25 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Introduction to Blogging
- Why blog
- Website = Blog
- Do’s and Don’t’s
- Blog software options (WordPress, Posterous, Tumblr, Blogger, Typepad, Drupal…)
- Hosting your own blog vs free blogging services
- Blogging Workflow
- Basic blog post
- Photography blogs
- Video blogs
- Organizing, categorizing, tags, sticky posts, featured posts, etc.
- Content Ideas
- Coming up with ideas to blog about
- Based on nuts of bolts of business
- Photos, videos
- Constantly answering questions (FAQ)
- Rhythm, consistency
- Posting times
- Responding to comments, commenting on other blogs
- Types of comments
- Measurements and Metrics
- Google Analytics
- WordPress stats
- Networked Blogs
- Basic of setting up a blog in WordPress
This workshop will consist of presentation material as well as hands-on time to assist participants with their existing blogs or setting up a new blog. We’ll also go through some exercises to help students brainstorm practical ideas they can apply to their own blogs.
Laptops are welcome but not mandatory.
Date: Saturday, September 24, 2011
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Seating limited to 30